Saturday, October 1, 2011

Chocolate Magic

As I grabbed the jar f Hershey's Kisses yesterday on our fridge my mom noticed me and said, "Huwag ka masyado magkakain ng chocolates, nakakabakla daw yan.." At that moment the instant reply my mind came up was "Huwag kang mag-alala 'di na ko maapektuhan niyan". But I paused and hold back saying that statement because they might really get what I really mean. Instead I just smiled. =]

Out of my curiosity, I googled up an article or writing related to that and this is what i found..

* Eating chocolates won't make you gay. While some people associate it with femininity, it has nothing to do with being gay. Many straight men eat chocolate, and many straight men eat when they are depressed. Based on statistics the group of people who eat the largest amount of chocolate are teenage boys, and young men.

Eating chocolate does not mean you are gay and a large percentage of males and females enjoy chocolate (related to comfort food.) From scientific studies chocolate can affect levels of brain chemicals called endocannabinoids that are related to THC, the active ingredient in marijuana. These endocannabinoids have a calming effect on brain functions in many ways. While scientists are not 100% sure of effects of chocolate on the brain chocolate does make people feel better.

* If you smear chocolate all over a guy, and lick it off, only then is it a sign that you're gay lolz.

So that means chocolates won't make a guy gay. In a different sense eating chocolates when depressed makes someone feel better.. or happy.. and being happy is gay. =]

Whether it is true or not, it doesn't matter to me. I just realized that if my mom is really confident about my sexuality she won't be affected by what she knew about that chocolate thing. At least it somehow gave her an idea about me and when time comes, hope it will come out easy..

No comments:

Post a Comment